Sales, Marketing and Leadership
The Perfect Intro: How to Confidently Introduce Yourself or Your Business (in Six Words or Less)
You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
But unfortunately, most of us blow it. Often.
We introduce ourselves all the time. And most of us do it poorly. One study says we meet about 1,000 new people per year on average. That’s about 80,000 people in a lifetime.
After an embarrassing introduction to one of his heroes, Clay developed 'The Perfect Intro' a simple framework to confidently introduce yourself or your business, in only six words or less.
- The three myths about introductions
- Why we get introductions wrong (and how to get them right)
- A simple formula to confidently introduce yourself or your business
- How to have a different intro for each room and context (and when to use which)
- Where you can (instantly) use your new introductions
Marketing and Innovation
Marketing Lessons From Crowdfunding
You’ve probably heard of Kickstarter and Indiegogo, but crowdfunding isn’t just for artists and creatives anymore. In 2016, the crowdfunding industry is on track to account for more funding than venture capital. It’s completely changing how new projects get funded, launched and brought to market.
As one of the world's leading crowdfunding experts, Clay Hebert has helped over 150 entrepreneurs raise over $50 million on these platforms. In this interactive tour through a series of interesting projects, Clay will explain what’s working today (and what marketers can steal) but also why the future of marketing will be very different.
- What marketers can learn from the rise of crowdfunding
- The dangers of relying on strategies, tactics and platforms (and what to do instead)
- Clay's Framework: The 10 Magic Marketing Questions
- How to craft and tell "portable stories" that help your message spread without you
- How to build a powerful marketing and measurement plan on a single page
Collaboration, Future of Work
Connections, Collisions and the Future of Work
The value of improved collaboration is clear. Better information sharing. Increased productivity. Enhanced innovation. Even a better corporate culture.
But many companies struggle with how to design, enable and measure collaboration in their organization. It took 12 years, an accidental discovery, multiple rejections, a serendipitous connection and an innovative marketing strategy for 3M to create and launch the Post-It Note, a now iconic product that accounts for hundreds of millions in revenue. But it almost never happened.
After a decade working at the largest consulting firm in the world (with over 390,000 employees) Clay spent years studying collaboration in companies large and small. In this entertaining talk, Clay explains not just how to encourage collaboration, but how to measure it and how to embed it in the culture of your organization.
- Why so many companies struggle with collaboration
- How to maximize the benefits of of collaboration using Sprints, Permitted Bootlegging and Microfailures
- Simple, low-risk collaboration initiatives companies can implement immediately
- How to measure your collaboration initiatives
- How to increase 'collisions' and foster an internal culture of collaboration and innovation
This was the best talk I saw all year.BJ FoggFounder and Director, Behavior Design Lab, Stanford University
“As the closing keynote of our first ever two-day conference, Clay brought energy, humor and insight to end the conference on just the right note."Jessica LawrenceCEO, NY Tech Alliance
“Clay's insights combine big business acumen with a shrewd understanding of the future of marketing. He was one of the highest rated speakers at Social Fresh. We’ve brought Clay to speak at Social Fresh three times and we look forward to bringing him back again."Jason KeathFounder and CEO of Social Fresh
Crowdfunding is radically changing the future of business - but there aren't too many presenters who can cover it from a lot of different angles of what works and what doesn't. Clay's got incredible background on hundreds of campaigns...making him one of the best out there. Our audience loved his presentation at Underground and couldn't take notes fast enough.Yanik SilverFounder, Maverick 1000
My team and I would love to chat about how we can make your next event a smashing success. Whether you want to improve sales and marketing, foster better collaboration or improve innovation, I appreciate you considering me for your event. Please note we do not do free speeches; or speeches in exchange for exposure or book sales. Please fill out the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!